Monday, March 5, 2012

Guys and Mechanical Things

No, I am not referring to a guys relation to a girl who is not passionate in her sexual exchange with him! :)

Guys innately like mechanical things.  Ever since a boy is born and able to walk, he is trying to figure things out.  How things work, how things break down.

A girl, innately is feminine from birth and likes to dress dolls, prepare food with her mother and ever since being a baby, she is naturally more feminine and into girly things, more so than a boy is.

This is the reason why men typically make better airline pilots.  A man is naturally more mechanically inclined and intuitive pertaining to mechanical things.  A woman who is an auto mechanic or airline pilot, either from as a young child she had an influence that led her in this unusual direction or she had to work much harder than the average man to pick up on things that boys naturally pick up on and a girl would have to work really hard to pick up on.

Even if a man has not mastered mechanical things, 9 out of 10 men who've done any kind of manual labor through out their life, have a general understanding of how mechanical things work.

For example, even if the guy has never personally rebuilt a car engine, he typically still understands how the car engine works.  This axiom does not apply to women.  For example, the typical woman understands that you must put gas in a car, cause the car runs via burning gas.

A man understands this to a greater depth.  That the gas is injected into the cylinder or if an older vehicle it has a carbeurator which gets the gas to the cylinder and a spark plug causes the fuel to ignite within the cylinder.  This is timed with the piston being on top and when the fuel ignites, it explodes and causes the piston to go down and  forces the crank shaft to turn, which transfers the thrust to the transmission, which is connected to the drive shaft and the rear end, causing the end result, which is that the vehicles tires turn, causing the car to move forward or in reverse.

A typical woman does not understand mechanics to the degree described in the paragraph above.  The majority of men do.  Al least those men who've done some kind of physical labor through out their life.

A doctor still understands mechanics.  Perhaps not the mechanics of engines, but he understands the mechanics of a human body.  Why a persons stomach is aching.  Why a knee needs replacement.  What is causing a head ache.  How snake venom travels through a persons veins and to their heart.

You've heard of the phrase a plumbers faucet leaks (or some thing like that! :) )  Why is this?  Cause a plumber does plumbing all day and when it comes to his own home, he doesn't feel like doing it.

I have a pretty good understanding of mechanical things, yet I would never change a starter in my vehicle or do a brake job.  I know how a starter works and I know only 2 or 3 bolts hold it into place, but I have never changed a starter despite owning perhaps 40 or 50 different vehicles through out the years, which might have needed 20 to 30 starter replacements.

Still though, despite me personally never replacing a starter, I really do understand them inside and out.

A cars oil change costs only a little bit more than the price of the oil and filter.  I can buy motor oil today for about $3 a quart and the filter is about $4 plus taxes.  You are looking at about $22 or so for the oil and filter alone.  Some shops are doing oil and filter changes for like $30 total.  They are not making much for their labor.  I imagine they do this in hopes your vehicle has some other problems and they can get more business from you other than a simple oil change.

When the oil and filter cost almost as much as paying some one else to do the job, why would a man do his own oil change?

I'll tell you what the typical reason is.  The man wants to bond with his vehicle.  He wants to personally undo the drain plug, watch the dirty black oil drain out.  Put the drain plug back in.  Remove the old oil filter and smear a little oil on the new filter and screw it on.  Then he adds 5 or 6 quarts of new motor oil.  Doing this oil change him self gives him personal satisfaction.  Satisfaction in the manner that he bonded closer to his vehicle and also that he can mentally envision the processes that were done and he knows they were done to his liking.  The shop may not tighten the drain plug to his liking.  Or they use an inferior oil or perhaps they do not replace the oil filter?

A woman typically does not know of this personal bonding to her vehicle.  Why?  Cause as a child she was brought up to care about nurchering things and not repairing mechanical things.  This is why perhaps women innately can love to a greater depth than Man can.

A woman's very being is that of love.  Now, of course this could have been perverted through out the years.  For example, a prostitute has perverted her natural ability to love and trained her self to offer her physical love or good will in exchange for cash.  A woman who has not prostituted her self has not altered her natural ability to love.

Why did I write this thread on this topic?

For personal reasons.  Kind of as a confessional. Often times a persons problem or conflict is minor when you look at the whole picture.  However, that minor problem can mess up the whole thing.  I will cut to the chase.

Why didn't I do my own oil change today?  Cause I can't unloosen the damn drain plug!  I bought the many quarts of oil, a new oil filter and have the drain pan all ready, but I can not loosen the damn drain plug ! :(

As part of my desire to bond with my vehicle, since I could not undo the drain plug, I went and spent $8 for one of those hand pump suction vacuum thingermajiggers and just my luck, it DOESN'T suck the oil up my dip stick.

So now here I am double frustrated.  My drain plug won't loosen and I failed at sucking the oil up the dip stick.

Now you can see how a simple maintenance thing such as changing the oil and filter on a vehicle can become a major project.  Here is the thing that may shock you.  For well over 20 years I have worked on mechanical things day in and day out.  Yet this simple transaction of doing an oil and filter change on my one vehicle has been an unsuccessful task for me.

It is kinda like having a hot babe wife who will let you fuck her pussy and her ass, but she doesn't give blow jobs.  It is like, what the fuck.  That is a rare woman!  Many women won't let you fuck their ass, but they will suck cock.

So here I am with this great understanding of mechanical things and I am confessing to you, I fear stripping my drain plug via forcing it and messing up its threads. I also failed at being able to suck the oil up the dip stick.  Now, I am not suicidal or any thing about this oil change failure, but I am well aware that some times the smallest things in life can be a big obstacle and some times the hardest things in life can be a piece of cake.

For example, some people have succeeded at the knack of piling up lots of money.  Yet, other than this ability to pile up lots of money, they really do not know how to do much of any thing else.

I know of a guy who ONLY knows how to be an airline pilot.  He went to high school and then college and got a college degree in some thing like history or philosophy and then he trained to be a commercial air line pilot.  He confessed to me, he would not know how to flip a hamburger at McDonald's, yet people look up to him because he is a prestigious commercial jet pilot.

Thank you for listening to my true story of how I failed today in giving my vehicle an oil and filter change. :(  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment